I’d had the idea to sew a plushie for a while now, and seeing as this month’s Sew Crazy Challenge is for children, I thought I’d give it a go!
I found the pattern for Pip the Bear which seemed pretty easy, although I didn’t do any of the joints, I just stitched mine straight to the other pieces. He’s made out of cotton, rather than furry fabric, and is all hand sewn (incredibly fiddly in places!), but for a first attempt at a sewn bear, I think Pip came out really well 😀
I’ve got a plan in mind now, to make a larger version that I can try to sew on the machine, to make the seams a lot harder wearing than my hand sewing can ever turn out to be. I’ve got some really funky orange material with mice over it, which should look fantastic, so wish me luck!