How did 2014 fly past so quickly that it’s 2015 already?! It doesn’t seem a year ago that I decided I wanted to start learning to sew, and was borrowing Mum’s sewing machine to get to grips with the basics!
Anyhow, with the new year in mind, I’ve decided to take part in Crazy Little Project’s Crazy New You challenge! Looking at the really cluttered way I store my fabric & yarn, I figured that I needed to sort that out, and that’s my challenge for this month 🙂
So far, I’ve bagged all my fabric in freezer bags (surprisingly useful to make sure it’s kept reasonably tidy), and put it all neatly into a cardboard storage box. Of course then I managed to find some really fantastic fabric in the sale, so I still have a couple of things that won’t quite fit into the box…. Maybe that’s a good excuse to start sewing another project?!
This year I’ve a few projects in mind, and hopefully I’ll be able to finish most of them:
- Knit Sherlock Mouse‘s hat (at last) and add in some hair as well
- Sew another Notebook Folder
- Make myself a cover for my notebooks, as that’s got to be better than piles of post-it notes, right?
- Sew another messenger bag (I’ve got the perfect outer fabric for that, just need to work out what the lining will be made from)
- Learn how to add a zip into a bag, so I can make the messenger bag close up properly
- Make a laundry bag (a request from my Mum)
- Finish at least one of my knitting UFOs
- Make a mini Sherlock-themed scrapbook – that may or may not happen 😛
- ….and possibly attempt a curtain, but that is very unlikely!
So just a short list! I’m hopeful I can at least get Sherlock Mouse finished this month, then once I’ve figured out what fabric would work well together, I can work on a notebook folder / cover 😀
There are no affiliate links in this post. I just happened to find WH Smith storage boxes the perfect size!