I’d considered trying to sew some PJ shorts before, but I haven’t ever tackled shorts before now, and was a little wary of just how challenging they would be! Using the free pattern from Melly Sews, I figured out I should be able to just make the shorts without any adjustments, so I bought a metre of polycotton and set about tracing off the pattern.
The pattern is designed to have the side seams nearer the front, which leads to a much nicer shape. I think when I make another pair, I’ll try adding in some inseam pockets though.
To ensure the inner leg seams are as sturdy as possible, I decided to do french seams on those – it lead to a slightly bulky seam, but they shouldn’t split in a hurry, which is what you need for shorts!